Wednesday, September 13, 2006

cross

my new-to-me planet cross is a beaut of a frame, but needed a little this and that - most especially things that go round - wheels, tires, cassette. JRA hooked me w/a set of low-end a-class wheels for a benjamin, price was way right, but they weigh more than the frame. whatevah. the '06 cross season, my first evah, isn't gonna be about winning anything, more about trying to hold a line and not slam the boys on the top tube while rollin' on a 3 beer buzz.

ordered a set of michelin mud 2's, is it just me or are these comp s lights (the shittiest mtbike tires ever made) reincarnated as what folks tell me are the greatest cross tires ever made? 9sp sram 12-27 cassette and chain en route, only thing left to do is replace the cables and brake pads. was thinking about going to a single ring in front vs the 39-53 on there, but that'd cost some cash and after getting reamed on the eBay sale of my Ellsworth, feeling anything but flush. what's the point of all this? i'm gonna have one super-spanking-kick-ass cross bike by the end of the wknd (w/a wheelset akin to a dumptruck). don't know how to ride it, get off it, on it, or carry it - but it'll sure look cool. sweet.

sent usa cycling a love note last night to upgrade my beer-swilling butt to semi-pro. keep-on, keeping-on...

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger rick is! said...

sweet, my franken-cross bike should be dialed in by next week myself. ordering the rest of the parts today. super cheap stuff but should be cool.

 
At 9/14/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger jeff said...

sweet advice, thnks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home