Wednesday, June 15, 2005

first ride with my dad on sat...

Last week really put a hurtin' on me. By last friday's afternoon ride with Rob, i had had enough, but knew that Friday and Saturday were the keystone workouts of the week - and this training cycle for Dalton... but i'm paying for it this week. Been sore and tight since sunday, but it's getting better - and was able to pull-out all the stops yesterday for a hard effort - which left me pretty drained. After some java and easy pedaling on the indoor this morning, though, the legs feel decent and am focused on trying to not ride as much for the next 10 days - which may be harder than riding for an endurance athlete as I haven't done so well at the 'not riding' thing so far this week...

it's a nice one...I've got a ride i'm really looking fwd to this Saturday with my dad. He and i haven't ridden together yet - and i've got one of my favorite routes planned for us. Jenn's sister Carole owns a dance studio in Plymouth NH and is having her end-of-year recital on Saturday (which we attend yearly - then a party after). Sometimes when we head to their place in Campton, I have Jenn drop me in Concord or Tilton and I take the route on the map to the right. 60-65miles from Concord and 45 from Tilton, but i've never had a computer on my bike for it, so that's just a guess. It's a quiet and scenic ride with plenty of small to medium sustained climbs. A great ride for an experienced rider, but also very doable for someone new to the sport. And when you get past Plymouth onto Route 3 and see the Pemi River flowing along side, you're more than ready for a dip - which is one of the great benefits of Carole's house - it's 100 yards from a nice shallows in the river (besides their hospitality). Anyway, with my folks coming to visit this weekend (and my dad packing his bike in a bike box for the trip) and Carole's dance recital on Saturday, how could we head north without taking the time to do this ride!


Jenn and I had planned on getting some huge tasks done on the house by my parent's visit tomorrow, but between the weather, work, training and the like, we have run-out of hours in the day... If we only had a couple 26 hour days, we'd be all set! But, even though we haven't gotten everything completed that we'd hoped, we've made huge strides in getting our yard in order (after years of neglect at the hands of the previous, elderly owner, it needed a lot of work). So, it's all good and we're looking forward to taking it easy for a few days as the last couple weeks have been non-stop action. You know shit's getting done when you haven't watched more than a couple hours of TV in weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home