Tuesday, April 11, 2006

back in boston

i'm riding to work this morning and a woman in her 60's almost hits me coming-out of a gas station. i see every car as a danger, so was already on the brakes, but what was disturbing is that as i stop short of her door, she yells "asshole" at me. why? she cuts me off, endangers my life and i'm the jerk? i do a track stand while waiting for her to get-out into traffic (she almost hit me not to pull-out into traffic, but to pull halfway out to wait for an opportunity to get into traffic!), then am on her right side and she yells again, "i didn't see you asshole." this is someone's grandmother for god's sake. welcome back to boston. i yell back, "why am i the asshole if YOU treid to kill me?" she doesn't respond, but instead gives me the boston glare, then slams on the brakes to block traffic behind her to turn left into the dunkin' donuts drive-through. welcome home Jeffy, first morning ride and already yelled at. I miss florida. I miss california. the bike lanes are wide and the people kind.

sea otter report coming later t-day. it was wicked!

2 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Jason said...

East Coast = Tension.
I would notice that every year Wifey and I went out west. By eash state coming East you could feel the tension growing.

 
At 4/12/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Andy, R&D said...

I agree totally..Denver had great vibes. Strangers honking and waving to say hi not to flip you off! I am about threw with defending the east.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home